Friday, April 6, 2012

PUBLIC ART

I learned, and it soon became obvious, that Philadelphia is known for its public art; everywhere you look, there's public art. If I have misidentified some of these items, please feel free to correct;-) What can you expect from a Canadian!
Ben Frankin--a bust made with old keys.
TheSigner--outside Independence Hall
I believe this represents the importance of the printing press in the struggle for independence.
Rodin I think--but I can't recall the title.
Very definitely Rodin--outside the Rodin Museum (closed for interior renovations)--and larger than the original in Paris! Nice spring daffodils, too. I'm a sucker for flowers at this time of the year--there's still snow on the ground back home.
Some famousgentleman on a horse--George Washington--surrounded by a variety of wild animals quite familiar in Canada. The statue is in front of the Philadelphia Museum of Art.

No comments:

Post a Comment