Wednesday, March 28, 2012

TOURING PHILLY

My first day in Philly has consisted of a city tour on a "hop-on, hop-off" bus, discovering Reading Market (a great oyster bar for lunch), registering for the conference, and finding the e-v. I had some help on the last one--wandering around in what I hoped was the right general direction, Andy greeted me. It's a feeling of coming home when someone recognizes you and greets you.

I took a walk through the historic district this afternoon and the Delaware River water front--both are close to the Holiday Inn (Ben Franklin is buried in the same block as the Hotel,  or, more accurately, the hotel was built in the same block as the cemetery where BF is buried;-) I lined up to see the Liberty Bell--even this Canuck knows something about US history!

For some reason, I'm having a problem commenting on posts on this blog--the computer doesn't want to take me there for some reason; it just spins its proverbial wheels;-)

Looking forward to seeing everyone later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment